Below, you will find information about what cookies are, what type of cookies we use and how you can disable cookies in your browser (including the ability to specifically disable the installation of third-party cookies).
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your device (computer, tablet or smartphone) when visiting GT MOTIVE websites.
The functions of cookies can vary greatly: they can be used to store your browsing preferences, collect statistical information, allow certain technical functionalities, etc. Cookies are sometimes used to store basic information about a user’s or a computer’s browsing habits.
Cookies that are used for statistical purposes only collect information about how visitors use the website. This is generic and anonymous information, no personal data is stored, nor any type of information that can identify you; the ultimate purpose is to improve the website operation. If you do not wish to accept cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase them from your computer’s hard drive, to block them or to warn you if they are installed. To continue without changes to the cookie settings, simply proceed to the website.
Cookies set by the website owner or service provider are called proprietary cookies. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called third-party cookies.
Third-party cookies enable third party functions or functionalities to be provided on or through the website you are using (such as advertising, interactive content, and analytics). The third parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when visiting the website or service in question and when visiting certain other websites or services.
We use proprietary cookies and third-party cookies for a variety of reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our website and services to operate, and we refer to these as strictly necessary cookies.
Other cookies enable us and the third parties we work with to track and target the interests of visitors to our website; we refer to these as statistical or preference cookies.
Last, third parties serve cookies through our website and services for advertising, analytics, and other purposes.
Based on the organization that manages them:
- Own cookies: These are cookies that are sent to users’ terminal devices from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website, in this case GT MOTIVE, from which the services requested by those users are provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies sent to users’ terminals from equipment or domains that are not managed by GT Motive, but by another organization that processes the data obtained from cookies.
Based on the length of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: These cookies are meant to retrieve and store data while users are browsing a website. They are usually used to store information that is only useful for the provision of the services requested by users on a single occasion. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on websites. In general, they help provide a better browsing experience, improve content and make it easier to use.
- Persistent cookies: These are stored on the hard disk and our website reads them each time a user makes a new visit. Permanent cookies have specific expiration dates. They will cease to function after their expiration dates.
Based on their purpose:
- Necessary cookies: These allow users to browse the website, platform or application and to use the features and services in the site, for example, traffic control and data transfers, log-in verification, access to restricted pages and security features, applying for registration or participation in an event, using security features while browsing, storing content for sharing videos, sound or content on social networks.
- Preference cookies: These allow users to access services with some default settings using a series of criteria laid out in users’ terminals, for example: preferred language, the type of browser with which they access the service, regional settings and so on.
- Statistics cookies: These are used to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the website. The information collected by this type of cookies is used to measure traffic and to create navigation profiles of users in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by users of the service.
- Marketing cookies:
- Advertising: These are the ones that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, are included in the website based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These enable website owners to efficiently manage the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, website owners may have included in their websites. These cookies store information on users’ behavior obtained by continually observing their browsing habits and developing specific profiles for displaying targeted advertising.
COOKIES USED BY GTMOTIVE.CO.UK
Name of the Cookie
Description of the purpose
Stores user’s cookie consent status for the current domain.
This list will be updated as quickly as possible as the services offered on the website change or evolve.
Using certain types of cookies implies, in some cases, processing your personal data.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES IN COMMONLY USED BROWSERS
You can easily tweak your browser settings to accept or reject cookies.
For more information on how to set your cookie settings in the following browsers, please refer to the relevant link:
- Google Chrome: Disable Cookies in Google
- Internet Explorer: Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer
- Firefox: Disable cookies in Firefox
- Safari: Disable cookies in Safari
The above browsers allow you to block third-party cookies only.
Many cookies are used to improve the usability or functionality of websites/apps, so deactivating them may prevent you from accessing certain parts of our websites/apps.
- Web browsers are the tools responsible for storing cookies and you must exercise your right to delete or deactivate them from this site. This website and its legal representatives cannot guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- In some cases, cookies must be installed so that the browser does not forget its decision not to accept them.