Throughout 2023, the estimatics and automotive repair markets shifted. Prices have soared, technologies advanced, and the Consumer Duty FCA in July placed a greater emphasis on firms being open and honest.
For us, 2023 has been all about adapting to these market shifts, positioning ourselves in a structure for growth and ensuring our customers and supply chains are put at the very heart of everything we do.
So as we come to a close on the past 12 months, let’s take a look at how we made these adaptations really happen.
We kicked off 2023 with a year-long price freeze
Following our back-to-back wins of the ABP Repairers Choice Estimating System of the Year award in 2021 and 2022, we stormed straight into 2023 with a mighty commitment; a promise to our customers that our estimating prices would not be increasing for the year.
Breaking the news in January, Executive Director of GT Motive, David Vella said that 2022 had been “a very successful year for us here at GT Motive, but we’re fully aware of the current environment and economic pressures our customers are facing. These challenges will be here for the unforeseeable future, and we want to do all we can to support them through it.”
He went on to say that GT Motive are “committed to delivering the best estimating solution to the market at the best price possible, and we’re going to support our customers through these hard financial times.”
In addition to this news, we also made the commitment to continuously invest in our award-winning platform throughout 2023, and we’re proud to say that we worked on some new and exciting features and collaborations throughout that time.
We launched our partnerships with OEC, Autoflow and Davies Group
2023 was a huge year for GT Motive as we officially launched 3 incredible partnerships.
Now working together with an OE parts provider for the first time, our collaboration with OEC allows us to provide GT Motive customers with access to competitive OE parts pricing support directly from OEC’s VISION collision platform.
This partnership was more important than ever for us in 2023, especially with the global automotive market facing delays in parts, where claimants can expect more total loss decisions from insurers. However, with more genuine disounted OE part prices available to repair networks, this collaboration provides the ability for an insurer to run a Total Loss Avoidance scheme to minimise the vehicles going to salvage after incident.
We also collaborated with Autoflow in 2023 too, to provide users with ground-breaking bi-directional integration that will revolutionise the estimating process for repairers.
Now, GT Global and Autoflow customers will benefit from automatic price updates that can be shared across both systems instantly, as the two systems will work in harmony to provide a more efficient process, that can save repairers the monotonous task of rekeying into two different systems following changes in part prices.
Here, GT Global and Autoflow integrate to seamlessly share these price updates across both the estimating system and the body shop management system, creating less room for error and more efficiency.
And last but not least, we partnered with Davies Group, the leading specialist professional services and technology business serving insurance and highly regulated markets.
This exciting collaboration has seen the sharing of industry observations, technology and expertise to help develop slicker processes and less manual intervention for our estimatics platform, with the aim to provide more choice for insurers and the supply chain.
As the largest Third-Party Administration (TPA) operator in the UK, providing end-end-end TPA automated and technology driven services across motor claims, Davies has been championing the latest emerging technology solutions across the industry, and as a true leader within our market, we are honoured to have received the support of Davies over the past year.
We waved Hello and wished Farewell
Steven Hames joined GT Motive as Business Development Manager in early 2023 having been in the industry for over 20 years and having heard excellent feedback regarding GT.
He commented that “it’s a really exciting time to join the team… the calibre of people at the company is attractive and from what I’ve seen, GT Motive have happy colleagues and happy customers, and I want to be a part of that.”
And David Vella shared his excitement too, adding that he has been “thrilled to bring Steven on board, his wealth of experience will further strengthen our comprehensive team… he’ll be supporting all our customers, from insurers to work providers and repairers, I believe he will be a great asset to our team.”
In Q4 this year we announced that Martyn Rowley was leaving the business to join the NBRA and we wish him the very best in his new role.
We unveiled our new GT Motive core pillars
Under the new Consumer Duty FCA which came into place in July, firms should be open, honest, and support others to pursue their financial goals. Under the duty, consumers should expect:
- Helpful and accessible customer support, so it’s as easy to sort out a problem, switch or cancel a product, as it was to buy it in the first place
- Timely and clear information that consumers can understand, so they can make good financial decisions
- Providers to offer products and services that are right for the consumer, rather than pushing products and services they may not need
- Products and services to provide fair value, meaning consumers should not be unfairly charged with unexpected costs.
- And that firms should consider if consumers are in a vulnerable situation such as experiencing financial troubles
These rules now apply to all new and existing products and services that are currently on sale, and with such a strong focus on the new Duty Rules, we made it a priority at GT Motive to adapt our working processes to ensure customers are able to adapt and deliver to the new guidelines.
This is where our new core pillars came into light: collaborate, integrate, automate, and innovate. These are new statements which have driven everything we’ve done at GT Motive throughout 2023, and what we will carry with us into our future.
Keen to know how we embody them?
- We collaborate with the entire supply chain so that every single stakeholder can help achieve an end goal.
- We seamlessly integrate solutions and platforms in a secure and controlled manner.
- We automate systems and services to remove friction, increase productivity and remove human error.
- We innovate for better solutions and improved functionality to support our partners.
But above all, these are so much more than just words to us. They form a culture that is so deeply embedded throughout our business, aligning everything and everyone, together.
We rode 1,185 miles for mental health charities
This year, Martyn Rowley and Pablo Liñares of GT Motive were amongst the 5 automotive and insurance industry professionals who took part in a charity bike ride from Oxford to A Coruña, Spain, totalling a staggering 1,185 miles in order to raise money for mental health charities, Mind and Young Mind.
The group dubbed Tour De Mind, kicked off their challenging cycle on 26th August 2023 and spent 10 days cycling the length of France and across the North of Spain, to the finish line at the GT Motive headquarters in La Coruna, Spain, and when asked about why their fundraising activities meant so much to them, Martyn had a very heartfelt response.
“In 2022 one of our industry colleagues and good friend was personally affected by suicide, so, we decided that in order to support our colleague and their family, we would create this group of industry professionals and we would take on this crazy challenge and cycle all the way to Spain to raise munch needed funds for mental health charities that provide support to those experiencing mental health problems.”
The efforts of Martyn, Pablo and their team members were truly incredible, and we could not have been prouder to see their fundraising total reach £24,286, against their original £10,000 target.
And we were honoured with a number of industry recognitions
Reviewing 2023 makes us incredibly proud at GT Motive, and over the past 12 months our efforts have been recognised by the wider industry too.
This year we were lucky enough to attend a number of award ceremonies, be nominated and shortlisted, and even walked away with a series of new accolades which make all of the hard work worthwhile, such as:
- The Insurance CX Awards where we scooped 2 awards for the Winner of the Customer Experience in a Crisis Award and Highly commended for our CX partnership with S&G Response and we also presented 2 categories at the CX Awards too!
- The Modern Claims Awards where we won the Supporting the Industry (1-25 employees) award
- The Auto Body Professionals Club Limited British Bodyshop Awards where we were proud to support the event as a diamond partner sponsor
- The Claims Media British Claim Awards 2023 where we were shortlisted for the InsurTech award
- The Insurance Post Claims & Fraud Awards where we were finalists in the ‘Technology Partner of The Year’ category
- The ATF Professional Recycling Awards 2023 where we were shortlisted in the Solution / Innovation category
- The 2023 Insurance Times Tech & Innovation Awards where we were shortlisted for the Technology Partner of the Year Automation award and Claims Partner of the Year
- The ABP Repairers Choice Awards where Martyn Rowley was recognised for his amazing efforts to the industry which were duly awarded
- and where we won the award for the Best Estimating Platform for the 3rd year in a row on the same evening at the ABP Repairers Choice Awards too!
It’s an impressive list, and we could not have done it at all without our most important, precious asset: our people.
Looking to the future with GT Motive
As we move into a new year, our goal at GT Motive is to help create a smooth process for all stakeholders by improving efficiencies throughout the entire claims journey, so your customers can experience a quick repair, and get back on the road as quickly as possible.
To do so, our cloud-based estimating solution offers complete accuracy, as we’re able to constantly update our data points to ensure our entire supply chain have the most precise data, always. This includes new vehicle models being added bi-weekly or OEM part numbers and prices being updated as soon as they’re made available to us. All this combined helps us offer a 96-98% car parc coverage, making our system a highly reliable tool for a claims department.
But don’t just take our word for it; try it for yourself. And experience a transformational, collaborative new year with us by your side.